Wednesday 4 March 2009

Watchmen: The End Is Nigh game... Alan Moore might not agree, but I do!

Watchmen is now a major film. Watchmen will now be milked for every cent it's got. You know it, I know it. But, I feel this game is diffrent. I've played roughly a sixth of it. (Seeing as waiting until 10 pm, and then realising, "Oh, it's nap time." and it's the demo) So, I've got the just.
Its essentially an old fashioned beat 'em up. Just in the most snazzy high definition graphics, I've seen from ANY Xbox Live Arcade, (XBLA), game or Playstation Network or infact video game tie in ever. Rorsach's blots constantly shift on his face, Nite Owl's electrocution and cape light up and swing around. The rain, the detail on the- well- dark and murkey areas, a top notch. It's really nice to see some effort put into this franchise! Seriously! I've got my complaints, but I mean, DAMN! This. Is. Enjoyable!
The opening introduction 'cinematic', is completely done in the comic's art style, the voice acting is superb on both Nite Owl and Rorsach, and the story is no-cannon, so Watchmen fans who are intrigued have nout to worry. Plus it's insanly decent.
The combat is effective, with Rorsach going nuts; it's just so him! He snaps legs, penises, arms and necks. But while Nite Owl is a skillful martial artist, with his gadjets, Rorsach is much more fun to play.
Now, I said I had complaints. But, it's okay. There not major. It's too short. 5 hours? 20 dollars? (Roughly 10-13.50 pounds here...) isn't a deal. I'm willing to dish out the cash, I just wish it was cheaper. But with this, comes replayability. I believe you could do it 3 or 4 times. Rorsach and Nite Owl have slightly diffrent scenerios, not noticable but felt. The game literally drops you in the deep end. It took 15 seconds to realise X and Y were attacks. Not the more obvious, A and B. Also, the moves can become convoluted and confusing. But the wobbly combat always has it's satisfying crunch. Not much else to say, so far, a 7/10. A reccomendation from moi.

PLEASE CHECK OUT: http://www.limewizardscheatsomfg.blogspot.com :D

No comments: