Thursday 15 January 2009

Playstation Home had its 15 minutes. Now do something with it.

I confess. I do like the Playstation 3's multimedia approach to the consumers. And after april, the price cut will appear and hopefully I'll add it to my Gamecube, PS2, PS1, Wii and Xbox 360, DS and DS lite. It will be welcome, it will replace my Xbox in my room, (the xbox will get the better TV, seeing as, to be honest, no intention on Blu-ray.) I would gladly play LBP properly instead of completing it and having just 3 hours with the creation tool, I'd love to finish Metal Gear Solid 4 properly instead of playing through with my ADD cousin who skipped some cut-scenes, and I'd want to try home out properly too.
My relationship with the PS3 has been shit. I've literally gone to friends and cousins to play. I found most of the games shite bar 5, (LBP, MGS4, Dead Space, GTAIV (even if it is the worst version) and Motorstorm) It just feels unfinished in the games department. Online is by far the worst I've seen. My cousin updated, we waited for litterally, 6 hours for it just to do half. The router may I add was about 5 cm away. The market place generally doesn't compare to the XBOXLIVE MARKET PLACE. Online play sucks ass sometimes, with lag and connection issues surrounding tue consoles I've played on. ALSO! Home, is a piece of garbage. Who ever came up with it needs to play Second Life, take an idea or two and mix it in. Don't add shitty waiting lines, sponsers, (I'll be comong onto EA and Red Bull soon) and the only decent things in it were the creepy guy who followed us, and raped us and! Watchmen adverts. Other than that Sony fucked up.

Off topic, Sony has lost 1.1 billion dollars, which is equal to, 100 billion yen. They also sacked a few people. Yeah, Microsofts going down the shitter too. Sad really.

Anyway. EA have this massive virtual space in Home now, which is completly barren from the screen shots I saw on Kotaku.com, but I presume more has been added. Like a few million arcade machines. I hated within my 10 minutes of playtime, all 10 were waiting for the que to die down. Its ridiculous. Red Bull have been bribed in with a plane game. Yippee? No, it looks truly awful.
Really, I've just reviewed Home. If I had more time with it, I'd proper review it, but of course all I did was watch my friend get raped, and wait in a line. Wow, Sony, great job.

No comments: