Saturday 8 November 2008

Far Cry 2 is pretty cool!

So, Far Cry 2. Big action FPS. And the emphisis on the action. And big. And FIRST PERSON. In the game you're completly immersed in the game, apart form a few huds. From the start, to the end. And I'm no way near the end.

So, controls. (Get this, we're being snazzy.)
It's your standard FPS, the controls do their job. I'm happy. Though the driving is slightly irritating. Guess it's what I call, "Halo-Driving-Syndrome." Because, I'm always looking around when it's not needed, and because of the sensitivity soemtimes, it starts to go everywhere!

Gameplay/Story:
In the game, you are out to kill a guy. He's called the Jackal. Now he has loads of henchmen ect.
The only gripe i have with it is, the crap story line and the slowness of the beggining. Only half way through the game does it pick up and slap you in the face, give you a Red Bull and a coffee and kicks you out the door.
There's also diamonds. And you use the screen hogging map, to find these with DIAMOND TRACKING GPS! I WANT ONE! It's a unique way to earn money, instead of being handed it every time. I also approve of the Buddy System. If you make a a friend, they go on the buddy list and can be used to help you survive. So I died, and suddenly my guy wakes up to find this guy drag him to saftey! How cools that?
The map editor isn't exactly ground breaking but is a hell of a lot of fun.
I love how the game gives you a flame thrower at the start. A little taste of whats to come I suppose. (So far, I've done most of the game with a shotty, flamethrower and a pistol. The Machete is bollocks.)
The NPCs are outstanding. They chatter, they do there job if you anger them and they have amzing skills. They can shoot you from a mile away, and get your health half down. I can't fault that. But I read a few reviews, (IGN I'M LOOKING AT YOU...) That said, they don't get harder as you progress. They don't need to. If your in this situation in real life, you don't see them turning into big muscly men with an RPG, and a flashing weak spot. Fucktards.
To add to great weapons, a medicore story and a bunch of great ideas, wait for the rest of the review.

Sound
It's pretty much just there. It goes all crazy when in trouble etc. The voice acting is beyond the standard needed. So good.

Graphics
I'm reviewing of the XBOX version, and I saw the PC version at a friends. There identical. The PS3 version, I haven't seen, but heard it's pretty much the same to. They squeeze everything from what they can get. It's totally awesome. Though, underwater is to murkey. The night is pitch black, the day is brighter than Britian. It's africa alright. But, if it is Africa, why isn't anyone black or sunburnt? I mean theres a few scattered black people; WHERE ARE THEY YOU RASISTS!

Conclusion
I hope you enjoyed this little change. I know I hated it. Never agian. But I think for this game, it was suited. The game was enjoyable so far, it has a nice varied change in gameplay; driving is fun to do, but tedious. The controls work for shooting and the difficulty is realistic. Well worth the buy. 9/10.

No comments: